Change Snapchat username. Unfortunately, Snapchat doesn’t allow users to change their usernames for security reasons. The sad reality is that you will get stuck with your current username for as long as you want to keep your existing account.
However, there is a clever way to replace your username with a custom display name. Your username will remain the same, but it will be barely visible to your friends.
Access your Snapchat settings to change Snapchat username
Open Snapchat and tap your Profile / Bitmoji icon in the top left corner of the screen to your profile.
Tap the gear icon in the top right corner to go to your settings.
Add or edit your display name.
The first two account settings you will see are Name followed by Username. If you tap your username, you will not do anything with the username unless you share it with another app.
- Tap name.
- On the tab below, add or edit your First Name field and Last Name field. If you want, you can leave the Last Name field blank.
- Tap the
Save button This appears when you have made your changes.
Check your profile to see your new display name.
As long as you’ve saved something in the name fields, as shown in the last step, it will appear in place of your username in all of your friends’ chats and stories.
The only time a friend can see your username is when they open a chat with you and tap the hamburger icon in the top left corner to see a small summary of your profile (which shows your Snapcode, Name, Username, Snap-Score, and. Chat emojis are displayed) or when they tap your display name when searching for friends.
After you’ve saved your display name, you can use the back arrows in the top left of the screen to return to your profile and see your new name appear under your Snapcode (above your username and Snap Score).
Optional: Prepare to add all friends to a brand new account manually
Although the display name will help hide your username most of the time, it’s understandable that your current username will no longer work and will need to be changed – even if you need to create a new account.
The problem with creating an entirely new account is that you want to transfer your data from your old account, e.g., B. Your current Snapcode, your Snap Score, your Snap series, your best friends, your conversations, any trophies you have earned, any friends you have added/added.
If you’re ready to give up on all of this and manually add friends with your new account, it can be worth it too. Creating a new version doesn’t mean you have to delete your old account right away.
To add all friends to your new account, you need their usernames. This means that you have to look at each of your friends’ usernames one by one. The problem is, with the latest update to the app, there is no longer a place to see all of the friends you’ve already added.
List of all the familiar names
There’s still a way to see a list of all the familiar names of your friends, so you don’t forget anyone. However, it can be very time-consuming to look up each friend’s username and add them to your new account. If you’re a game, do the following:
- Navigate to your conversation tab and tap the New Chat button, denoted by the speech bubble and sign icon.
- Scroll through your list of Best Friends, Recents, and Groups to view a list of your friends in alphabetical order.
- Write down each name individually or take multiple screenshots as you scroll through the list.
- Tap the X in the top right corner to cancel the new chat.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen.
- Look for your first friend on your list, who will automatically appear at the top because they are already friends.
- Look for the username that appears under your display name and write it down (or otherwise write it down).
- Repeat steps 7 through 7 for the display names of all remaining friends.
- Tap the X Tap in the upper right corner to end the search. Tap your profile / Bitmoji icon, then tap the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Scroll down and tap Sign out and confirm that you want to sign out of your account.
Optional: create a new account and add your friends to change Snapchat username
- After you’ve signed out, you can tap the blue Sign In button to create a new tab with your new username.
- When you’ve finished setting up your new account, you can tap the magnifying glass icon to look up your friends’ usernames.
- Take your list of the usernames of friends you met in step 4 and manually search for each one. Tap + Add to add them.
- Alternatively, if you know that many of your friends are already on your device’s contact list. Then you can sync your contacts with your account to add them in bulk and speed up the process.
- Navigate back to your conversation tab, tap the person with a plus sign in the top right corner, then tap Add Contacts at the top.
- On the tab below, follow the instructions to allow Snapchat to connect to your device’s contacts. So that all communications with Snapchat are automatically added to your friends’ list.
Also Read: How to curl hair