If you are bored with eating the same type of rice, try to make Spanish rice that is easy, delicious, and slightly different to prepare. Spanish rice is a delicious side dish that impresses your friends and family at the dining table. So let’s get starting making Spanish rice.
Table of Contents
Ingredients for both methods
- Two cups of raw rice were washed and soaked in lukewarm water.
- Half medium-sized onion, chopped
- The Half green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Half red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp of sweet paprika
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp of salt and some pepper, cumin, cloves
Preparation in pot
- Add onion, garlic, green, and red bells to the pot half-filled with water and let them boil for 15 minutes. In the time, stir the ingredients and cover the pot.
- When the time is over, add tomato paste, paprika, salt, pepper, cloves, and cumin, and stir.
- Add 3 cups of water and let it boil.
- Now take a look at the soaked rice, drain the water from the rice and add the rice to the pot filled with ingredients.
- Cook and keep storing so that the rice dont stick with the pot or each other.
- After 10 minutes, or when the water in the pot reaches equal to the rice surface, lower the flame and cover the pot for 5 minutes.
- When the time is over, check the rice that it cooks perfectly and there is no excess water in the pot.
- Move the rice into the dish, garnish with mint leaves, and serve.
Preparation in instant electronic pot
Put all ingredients ( onion, garlic, green and red bells, tomato paste, salt, pepper, cumin, cloves, rice, and water) in the pot and mix well.
Lock the lid and set the temperature and time.
Cook for 50 minutes and then open the pot and move the rice into the dish.
Serve hot with a sprinkle, soups, curry, pasta, etc.
While cooking, stir the rice carefully so that it dont it dont break the rice grain.
While cooking, keep checking the rice that the grain is not crispy or extra soft inside. If it’s crispy, it is uncooked, and if it’s too soft, it is overcooked.
You can cook freely by adding more ingredients like your favorite vegetables, chicken, and minced meat.
Use a wooden spoon to stir so that the rice grain cannot stick with the pot and other rice grains.
Also read: how to get rid of cysts.