iPad is used widely because of its amazing features. Its software allows you to manage many still images, videos and music. You have easy internet access because of 4G networking and Wi-Fi. You can also administer demanding schedules and business with the help of productivity apps. If you are an iPad user, you must know its prolific functions and features. Well, you may need to reset it for some reason and might be confused about how to do it. No worries, we are here to assist you. But before we move to the solution, first, let’s look at the reasons behind resetting an iPad. In the following article, we get to know about How to reset the iPad? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Reasons to reset iPad:
There is a minimum of three conditions on which you may require to reset your iPad:
To Wipe All the Data to reset iPad
It can be the most prominent solid reason behind the factory reset of your device. You may be doing so because you are handing your iPad to someone else. Or you want to get rid of all the stuff saved in this device to reset iPad.
To Solve the Performance Issue
You may want to factory reset the iPad because it is not performing well. Its apps started hanging, and nothing was as fast as before.
iPad is not Responding to Your Command
Its screen is freezing, and no response is generated on your multiple taps.
Here is a guide to reset your iPad:
To correct the performance and response issue, it is recommended to soft reset this device so that all your data remains safe to reset iPad.
- Press the power button. Hold it until a bar appears on your screen on the top (this slider might appear on the side if you have an old iPad model).
- Now swipe right to reset, and all done to reset iPad.
- Press and hold the power button again when the iPad is off to turn it on. It will start working properly to reset the iPad.
Force Restart to reset iPad
If the soft reset does not work or your iPad is just not starting, you should go for a force restart. Well, here is a little confusion to reset iPad. If your device has a home button, you should follow this procedure:
- Press and hold the home button and power button at the same time.
- Release the buttons when Apple’s logo appears after reboot to reset iPad.
If your device does not have any home button, you should follow these commands:
- Press the volume up button and then release.
- Press the volume down button and then remove it.
- Now turn on the iPad by pressing and holding the power button.
To factory reset your iPad follow these steps:
- Open Settings and go to General.
- You will see the Reset option while you scroll down.
- Tap on Erase All Content and Settings.
- Enter the password of your iPad.
- It might take a few minutes. Once your iPad has been reset, it will turn on automatically, and the welcome screen will appear.
Note: Do not forget to backup all the data before resetting your iPad. You can back up the data through iCloud, iTunes or any other app. But you would not need any backup if you do not want to keep any stuff present in the device.
Also read: how much to spend on an engagement ring