Airtel is India’s leading telecommunications company which has played a major catalyst in India’s reforms and donating to its economic resurgence. How to block airtel sim Today they touch people’s lives with their Mobile services Tele media services to attach India’s leading 1000+ corporations. They also connect Indians living in the USA, UK, and Canada with their call home service.
It is quite possible to lose Airtel SIM or a smartphone with the Airtel SIM inside. but there is no need to get worried as it is possible to easily block a lost SIM card and get a new SIM issued with the same number.
Block Airtel sim
The common method to block the SIM is to call up the customer care number. Moreover, users can also visit the nearest Airtel customer care center to get the old SIM block and pick up a new SIM card. Below are the steps to block Airtel prepaid and postpaid SIM:
It recommends on the official website of the telco that customers can call a designate number to get their Airtel SIM block. Steps to lock the lost Airtel SIM by calling an Airtel number given below:
- Keep the record of recently dialed numbers, last recharge value, and ID proof linked with the lost SIM handy.
- First of all, Dial 121 or 9849098490 and press call. They will ask you to verify the details which mention above.
- After verification, the company will block your Airtel SIM.
Block by calling from a number
It is often impossible to have access to an Airtel number, so don’t worry. You can still block your lost Airtel SIM. Follow some simple steps below from a non-Airtel number:
- Open the dialer on your smartphone and Dial 1800-103-4444. This is a toll-free number, so do not get worried about charges.
- In response, they will ask you to verify your recently dialed numbers, the total amount of recharge, and some details from your ID card. It would help if you gave accurate answers to all the asked queries.
- In response, they will instantly block Your lost Airtel SIM.
Always keep in mind that the above-explained method applicable for both Airtel prepaid and postpaid numbers. After blocking your number, it is also possible to unlock the SIM by below steps:
- It is possible to get a new SIM with the same number once you have blocked the lost SIM.
- Open the official website of Airtel and Go to the Airtel Store locator.
- Enter the name of your city and area pin code to find the nearest Airtel.
- Visit the Airtel store with your ID card and two passport size photographs.
- Fill out all the required information in the form, complete your ID verification, and pay the charges for getting a new SIM (Rs 25 – Rs 100)
- Now Insert the SIM into your phone and activate it by dialing 59059.
- They will ask you again to Verify some details like address, date of birth, and more.
- Once the verification is done, you can use the new sim with ease.
Also read: Best business laptop