Fajitas are the most famous Mexican dish. This dish is a blend of chicken or meat stripes with onions and bell peppers. These vegetables are sautéed with chicken and spices and give a unique taste that can be easily served with sour cream as a topping and tortilla.
For this recipe, you can make fajita seasoning at home too. That seasoning will be free from any chemicals and preservatives. You can use this seasoning as it has no harmful ingredients concerning the artificial packet flavours. As you know, homemade is far better than artificial ones.
The ingredients needed for the homemade seasoning for fajitas are as follows.
- Chilli powder
- Cumin grounded
- Garlic powder.
These are the simple spices you need to mix up, and the fajita seasoning is ready. Now, you might wonder what ingredients you need to make fajitas. You need a few of the elements.
- A chicken breast piece
- Some bell peppers cut in julienne form
- Red or Yellow onions
- Lime juice.
Once you have gathered all the ingredients and your fajita’s seasoning is ready, now, it’s your task to make chicken fajitas. How can you do this? No need to get worried. Just read this article and follow the steps to make chicken fajitas.
I hope you have mixed up all the spices mentioned above to make fajitas seasonings. If done, then follow the steps.
- Take a piece of chicken breast and sprinkle the fajita seasoning over it.
- Make sure the spices should be well sprinkled on the chicken.
- Marinate the chicken by properly pressing the seasonings on both sides of the chicken.
- Please give it a good rest so that the flavour reaches the depth of the chicken.
- Now, it’s time to cook the chicken.
- You have to heat a skillet.
- Heat the skillet, providing medium flame.
- Then use a drizzle of olive oil over it. Once it is properly heated, add up the chicken pieces.
- Let the chicken pieces cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side.
- Leave them juice, do not dry up the chicken from inside.
- Once cooked properly, please remove it from the skillet and let it cool down completely. After it, cooldowns cut the chicken into strips.
- Now, cut the onions and bell peppers in thin slices and add them to the same skillet you cooked chicken.
- Sauté the veggies properly and then add the chicken strips over them.
- Drizzle the lime juice over it and mix it thoroughly. This is ready to serve now.
Serve these chicken fajitas with tortillas and sour cream as soon as possible. You can use any toppings you like with this.
You can make changes according to your taste in the fajitas or its topping. This can be prepared and stored for 5 days. Before using it, heat it again and add salads or tortillas as per your requirements.
Also read: how much to spend on an engagement ring