In the following article, we get to know about How to get rid of a sunburn fast? So don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it’s going to be very useful for you guys.
Table of Contents
Part 1 of 3: Immediate Treatments
- As soon as you notice that you are sunburned, start protecting yourself from the sun right away. Every single second of exposure will only make the burn worse to get rid of a sunburn fast. Better to go indoors. If that’s not possible, look for the shade.
- Beach umbrellas provide very little protection from UV rays unless they are very large and made of thick fabric.
- Exposure to the sun can also take place in the shade, in fact, the UV rays are reflected on the surfaces and penetrate everything, from clouds to leaves.
Take a cold shower or bath. The water will cool the skin and may reduce the severity of the sunburn. Avoid using soap, as it will irritate and dry out the skin. Afterward, the air is dry to get rid of a sunburn fast. Using a towel can cause discomfort and irritation.
If you must use a towel, gently pat your skin rather than rubbing it.
Apply an aloe vera gel or a nourishing cream. Massage it on the affected area to hydrate and refresh the skin to get rid of a sunburn fast. Repeat the procedure frequently, or at least twice a day, to prevent dryness and peeling.
- Try using a lotion or gel containing vitamins C and E – it can reduce skin damage.
- Avoid oily or alcohol-containing products.
- If you have an aloe vera plant, you can make the gel directly from the leaves to get rid of a sunburn fast. Just cut one vertically, squeeze the gel and apply it to the sunburn.
- The gel obtained directly from an aloe vera plant is extremely concentrated, natural, and effective.
Drink lots of water. Prolonged exposure to the sun and heat cause dehydration to get rid of a sunburn fast. A sunburn draws water to the skin’s surface, depriving the rest of the body of fluids. In the following days, remember to drink a lot.
Part 2 of 3: Conventional Home Treatments
- Make a cold compress and apply it to the sunburn to get rid of a sunburn fast. Wrap several ice cubes or a pack of frozen food with a wet cloth. Hold it gently on the affected area for 15-20 minutes and repeat several times a day.
- Remember that ice and other frozen substances should not be pressed directly to the skin, otherwise the cold will irritate it and only make the situation worse.
- 2. Try taking an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen to get rid of a sunburn fast. It reduces swelling and redness, plus it could prevent long-term skin damage. Once the treatment has started, continue for 48 hours.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing. Avoid rough or itchy fabrics. In most cases, light cotton is preferable.
Part 3 of 3: Natural Home Treatments
- Infuse several black tea bags in hot water. Let it cool (speed up the process with an ice cube to get rid of a sunburn fast). Remove the sachets and place them directly on the affected area. The tannins in the tea help reduce inflammation. You can also pour iced tea over the entire burn.
- Tannins are natural astringents. Studies show that they help heal sunburn and prevent infections.
- Pour a cup of plain yogurt into a bowl. Mix it with 4 glasses of water to get rid of a sunburn fast. Soak a damp cloth in the solution and apply it to the sunburn for 15-20 minutes. Repeat every 2-4 hours.
- Plain yogurt contains many probiotics and enzymes that help treat burns.
- Pour at least one cup of baking soda into a tub filled with cold water. Immerse yourself and, upon exiting, let the solution air dry. It will relieve pain and promote healing.
4. Fill a colander with dried oat flakes, then turn on the tap, let the water run through the filter and collect it in a bowl to get rid of a sunburn fast. Discard the oat flakes and soak a cloth in the solution. Apply it to the sunburn every 2 to 4 hours.
Also read: how to introduce myself