Many women want to firm up what is called a “low belly,” that annoying accumulation of fat right in the lower abdomen, which does not seem to go away with diet alone. In this article, we read about How to lose lower belly fat?
But when it comes to firming your lower stomach, the goal is not so much to shed belly fat by eating less, but what would be good to do is to firm up your lower abdomen and melt the fat with exercises aimed at that problematic area!
Now let’s see together specific exercises to firm the belly because increasing muscle mass will replace belly fat.
This means your body will have to burn more calories to function, which in turn leads to faster weight loss and a slimmer, slimmer lower belly.
WHAT YOU NEED AND HOW MANY TIMES THE TRAINING SHOULD BE DONE TO firm up your lower stomach
You don’t need anything other than yourself and some room to exercise to firm up your lower stomach! Or you can book an appointment through a personal training booking app with a personal trainer to help you achieve your goals.
My lower belly firming workout should be done at least three times a week every other day, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
The ideal is to finish or start your workout with 20 minutes of cardio of your choice, which could be a good jog, a brisk walk, an uphill walk, and some exercise bike or step / Syncro.
Before practicing this toning workout, I recommend that you do some cardio training with our home workouts. Here are some examples:
- Cardio Killer! Complete Total Body Workout at Home
- High Impact HIIT Total Body Workout at Home
FIRST EXERCISE TO firm up your lower stomach
In the first exercise, we train the abdominal wall thanks to the lifting movement of the knees towards the chest.
The important thing is to keep the back adherent to the mat and bring the minus closer to the chest while the crossed hands touch the right thigh and then the left thigh.
- Lying on your back, knees bent at your chest, feet flexed, interlace your hands over your left thigh and extend your right leg parallel to the floor.
- Lift your head and shoulders off the ground and watch the leg approaches your chest.
- Press your palms against your left thigh. (Pos.1)
- Now switch legs and push with your palms against your right thigh as your left leg extends parallel to the floor.
- Continue alternating your legs across your chest for 40 seconds, then rest for 40 seconds.
- Repeat for a second sit-up session, then move on to the next exercise.
SECOND EXERCISE TO FIRM YOUR BELLY
The second exercise allows you to train the lower belly thanks to the movement of the knees to the chest. The Best Tonal Home Gym Alternatives .
The knees must always be slightly bent during the whole movement, and the body rests on the forearms.
- Sit with your knees bent, feet flat on the ground, support your torso with forearms and elbows and raise your back.
- Keeping your abdominals in maximum contraction, raise your legs at a 90-degree angle (Pos. 1)
- Bring the legs lower (Pos. 2)
- Continue for 40 seconds, then rest 40 seconds, repeat for a second sit-up session, and then move on to the next exercise.
THIRD EXERCISE TO FIRM YOUR BELLY
The third exercise also serves to tone the lower abdomen to lose lower belly fat. Thanks to the lifting movement of the legs, you will acquire greater awareness of the deep abdominal belt.
The important thing is to keep the back close to the mat during the lowering movement of the legs and push with the abdomen when bringing the legs upwards.
- Lie on your back, arms at your sides and with your abs in maximum contraction, lower your legs about 45 degrees, hold the position for 3 seconds.
- Now bring your legs up behind you by pushing with your abdomen.
- Hold the position for 3 seconds then roll down the spine until the legs are back to the starting position.
- Continue for 40 seconds, then move on to the next exercise.
Also read: how to stop bleeding